The Yukon-Kuskokwim Delta Apprenticeship Program is a program owned and coordinated by Yuut Elitnaurviat – The People’s Learning Center.
Currently, the YK Delta Apprenticeship program manages apprentices in the following fields: Commercial Carpentry, Commercial Electrical, and Commercial Plumbing.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: December 6, 2019
There are currently Plumbing and Electrical apprenticeship openings available.
The minimum qualifications to apply are:
- Shall be at least 18 years of age.
- A high school graduate or GED (general education diploma) certificate is required.
- Shall possess the basic aptitudes essential for acquiring the skills and proficiency of the trade.
- Shall be physically capable of performing the essential functions of the occupation without endangering the health and safety of themselves and/or fellow workers.
- Shall be a 12-month Alaska State resident prior to the date the application is accepted.
- Regardless of how one qualifies for apprenticeship, following selection, but prior to indenture, all individuals being offered an apprenticeship will be required to pass a drug screen test. All individuals being offered an apprenticeship will be required to pass a background check that is consistent with state and local licensing standards.
Supporting documentation required:
- Copy of your Birth Certificate
- Proof of a high school diploma or GED and official high school and post-secondary transcripts
- Form DD-214 for military experience
- A valid driver’s license
If you have any questions or are interested in applying, please call Fannie Black at (907) 543-0996.
The apprenticeship application can be downloaded by clicking on the link below: