AVCP Tribal Workforce Development
Click here for more information on AVCP TWD Scholarships
Click here to download the TWD Scholarship Application
Calista Education and Culture Scholarship Program
Click here to apply for the Calista Education and Culture Scholarship
- Calista Corporation Voting Shareholder or Descendant of an Original Shareholder: Applicant must be a Calista Corporation Voting Shareholder or Descendant (either natural born or legally adopted) of an Original Shareholder. Individuals who inherit or received gifted shares may not be Original Shareholders. Applicants must be Alaska Native and submit a copy of their Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) Certificate Degree of Indian Blood (CDIB) or Tribal Enrollment Documentation. Descendants must also submit a copy of their birth certificate.
- High School Diploma or GED: Applicant must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Grade Point Average (GPA): Applicant must have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher. Most recent official transcripts from trade, vocational, college, or universities attended must be submitted, or official transcripts from graduating high school or copy of GED, if no post-secondary educational institution has been attended.
- Letter of Acceptance/Good Standing or Proof of Application: Applicant must be accepted to an accredited school (trade, vocational, college, university) or provide proof of application. A letter of acceptance/good standing or letter from the school stating the application for admission is currently under review must be submitted. A letter of acceptance must be submitted if an applicant is awarded a scholarship.
- Enrollment Status: Applicants must be enrolled Full-time or Part-time based on the schools requirements. Trade/Vocational students must be enrolled in a degree seeking or certification program.
Orutsararmiut Traditional Native Council
Click here for more information on the ONC Scholarship
Funding is available for students attending college and vocational institutions. ONC Tribal Members are given priority.
Association of Village Council Presidents (AVCP) Compacted Tribal Members are encouraged to apply with AVCP.
Funding amount for vocational training is on a case-by-case basis.
To determine eligibility for education, employment, or training services, please provide required information and documents:
- Fully completed, signed, and dated 477 Department Services Application
- 2 Forms of Identification: Birth Certificate, State ID, Driver License, Tribal ID or Certificate of Degree of Indian Blood (CDIB)
- Educational Transcripts: High school transcripts, General Education Diploma (GED), Post-secondary transcript (if applicable)
- Completed Individual Development Plan (IDP), included in Application packet. The IDP includes your career goals, a detailed plan of how our services will help you achieve success
Coastal Villages Region Fund
Click here for more information on the CVRF Scholarship
The scholarship began in 1993 to provide assistance to CVRF Residents who wish to pursue careers but might not otherwise be able to further their academic education due to financial need. The LBMS scholarship is a competitive program, meaning that applicants compete against each other for approved funding. The amount of LBMS scholarship awards vary based on GPA and number of classes being taken. Awards are paid directly to the selected school and may be used to cover the cost of tuition, room and board, books, and required fees. CVRF encourages residents to apply for scholarships and enhance their skills for the benefit of the CVRF region.